• Begin Within

5 Things Your Trainer Wished You Knew


To be honest, this blog post could literally be 500 things we wished you knew. There are often many misconceptions about how personal training works, and we know we cannot speak for all personal trainers. However, we feel most would agree with the statements we are about to make. Read on for 5 things we wished you knew regarding exercise and personal training!



1. It’s okay to be a beginner.


This goes for almost everything in life, but every expert was once a beginner too. Some of our clients have come to us thinking they need to lose a few pounds or be in “better shape” before working with us. This is not required at all. Come to us as you are, and we can help you. Whether you are beginning with exercise for the first time, are coming off of a hiatus, or are just needing a little extra accountability, you and your goals are safe with us.



2. Your goals don’t have to be weight or aesthetic focused.


Your health and wellness depend on a multitude of things. Does a healthy weight play

into that? Yes. But your goals don’t have to be dictated by the number on the scale. Do you want to feel better, have more energy, lift heavy things, be able to do a pushup (or 20), learn a new skill, get off a medication, or *insert goal here*? While it is certainly okay to want to be at a certain weight or look a specific way, you can also focus on other aspects of your health and well-being too! And yes, you can have several goals at once!



3. Food is fuel.


Our biggest focus when we work with training clients is to focus on food as fuel for our

bodies. We want you to feel great about what you’re eating, enjoy life, AND meet your goals. No gimmicks here! We pride ourselves on sustainable eating as opposed to highly restrictive diets. You are more likely to succeed if you make your eating habits a lifestyle rather than a quick fix!





4. What you do outside of sessions is just as important as during them.


Working with a trainer is about 4% of your day. And while we do give you the tools to be successful, at the end of the day you have to put in the work the other 96% of the time. Are you getting adequate sleep, nutrition, connection with others and nature, movement, and self development? Put in the effort (no matter your goal) both during and outside your sessions, and results will come to you!





5. We are here for you!


Contrary to popular belief, we are more than “just a trainer.” We are your cheerleader,

accountability partner, teacher, and perhaps even other unofficial roles. Your goals are just as important to us as our own goals are to us. When you succeed, we share in your wins! And if something isn’t going right, we are at your side, ready to listen to you, collaborate, and finetune. We often learn just as much from you as you do from us.



The Takeaway


We could honestly go on for hours about all we want you to know. This is only the beginning. Who wants to see a part 2? In the meantime, go check out our podcast here or sign up to get us in your inbox. Which of the 5 things listed above was the most interesting to you? Sound off below!




 

Jessica Corkin is the Virtual Fitness Manager at Begin Within. She holds a Master’s Degree in Exercise Science and has spent the last eight years working in the fitness and wellness industry. When she is not virtually training clients, she enjoys strength training, running, being outdoors, and spending quality time with her husband and dog. Connect with her here.

Get our free Stay at Home Workout Guide (that has 3 FREE workouts included) here.

35 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All